Lake Region Community Chorus (LRCC) is a vibrant and dynamic non-profit organization providing choral programs for the wider Bridgton Community. Our history is short because we are a relatively new organization. The LRCC had its first meeting in February 2013 to discuss the possibility of forming a choral group in the Lake Region of Maine. It was amazing how quickly everything seemed to come together, and with Laurie Turley as our original conductor, we sang our first concert in June 2013. The original group of 36 singers has swelled with each season, and we now have 58 members from 14 communities, including Bridgton, North Bridgton, Naples, Sebago, Harrison, Waterford, Stoneham, Raymond, Casco, Windham, Denmark, Lovell, Hiram and Fryeburg.
The LRCC is a community of voices joined together in song. Its purpose is twofold:
- To provide an opportunity for individuals with an interest in singing to share their love of choral music through regularly scheduled rehearsals that will culminate in community and outreach performances.
- To enhance each member’s ability to sing by teaching vocal exercises and techniques and to enrich their choral experience by providing a wide variety of musical selections that will increase their knowledge and appreciation of choral literature.
We perform two concerts each year. One falls in early December and features holiday music. The other is a springtime concert generally falling in mid-May. With the generous support of Bridgton Academy, we hold our concerts in the Twitchell Chapel on the Bridgton Academy campus in North Bridgton (see map). All concerts are free, though donations are gratefully accepted.
Rehearsals are held on Monday nights at Twitchell Chapel, Bridgton Academy (see map) from 6:30 to 8:30. For the December concert, rehearsals start around Labor Day, and for the Spring concert, they start around the beginning of February.
Leaders of the organization include:
- Jan Jukkola, Principal Conductor
- Susan Stockwell, Assistant Conductor
- Dan Allen, Assistant Conductor
- Carolyn Stanhope, Accompanist
Officers and Board of Directors:
- President: Bill Hamm
- Vice President: Carolyn Stanhope
- Secretary: Dianne Morse-Leonard
- Treasurer: Nancy Sosman
- Membership Chair: Dianne Morse-Leonard
- Members-at-Large: Claire Leonard and Ginny Halligan
- Ex-Officio: Jan Jukkola
Click to view a copy of LRCC's by-laws. Note: The by-laws were amended in Feb 2018 by the Board of Directors to make the membership fee waivable at the discretion of the Board of Directors in cases of financial hardship.
2018 Annual Meeting
Minutes from the Annual Meeting held May 21, 2018 can be viewed here.